Don’t want to be on PUBYAC any more? If you’re just going on vacation, you may want to stop mail delivery rather than unsubscribing. This means you keep your password and other settings so you can, for example, still have access to private list archives. If this is what you’d prefer, see the Postpone page for instructions on disabling mail delivery temporarily.
If you actually want to leave PUBYAC, there are two ways to unsubscribe:
1. Using the web interface (easiest):
- Go to https://lists.ischool.illinois.edu/lists/sigrequest/pubyac
- Enter your email address to generate a validation email.
- Check your email account for “Unsubscribing from list pubyac”
- Click the link in the email. Easy peasy.
2. Using the email interface:
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- In the Subject, type only “unsub pubyac” (without the quotes).
- You will receive an email message asking for confirmation that you really want to be subscribed to PUBYAC. This is to prevent anyone from subscribing you without your permission.
- Just hit Reply and Send. The listserver will take care of the rest.
Once your request has been processed, you will receive a message confirming that you are unsubscribed from PUBYAC.