There are two ways to subscribe to PUBYAC:
1. Using the web interface (easiest):
- Go to the PUBYAC Subscribe page. (https://lists.ischool.illinois.edu/lists/subscribe/pubyac)
- Enter your email address into the box on the screen.
- Subscribing is a 2-step process to ensure others don’t add you without permission. Go back to your email and you will soon find a message from SYMPA. You must click on the enclosed link to confirm your subscription. This will pop you directly into a logged-in session with your subscription.
- DO THE FOLLOWING TASKS WHILE YOU’RE HERE.
- Hit Subscriber Options on the left side.
- It is helpful to supply your real name. Only the moderator will see this information.
- Choose your mode to receive emails.
- Standard (direct reception) is individual messages as they come.
- Digest (either format) is the day’s messages collated into one message and delivered after midnight.
- Your information will always be concealed; only the listowner can see the subscriber list.
- To set a password, you must now LOGOUT and LOGIN immediately (yeah, I thought it was weird too). (Alternatively you can just click this link: https://lists.ischool.illinois.edu/lists/firstpasswd/)
- In the grey bar, WAY ON THE LEFT, hit First Login?
- Now finally it asks you to define a password.
- Follow the prompts and eventually hit the link in the email you get.
- Set your password. This will remain your password forever on the SYMPA system, even if you unsubscribe from PUBYAC.
- ARCHIVE THE WELCOME MESSAGE! It contains basic info that you will need to change any options.
2. Using the email interface:
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the Subject, type only “subscribe pubyac” (without the quotes).
- You will receive an email message asking for confirmation that you really want to be subscribed to PUBYAC. This is to prevent anyone from subscribing you without your permission.
- Just hit Reply and Send. The listserver is smart enough to figure it out.
- SAVE THE WELCOME MESSAGE! It contains links and password that you will need to change any options.
- To set a password, click here: https://lists.ischool.illinois.edu/lists/firstpasswd/