Being confined to the house due to inclement weather, I decided to play with the colours of the pillars at the head of the driveway.
I’ve done nothing to these neglected sentinels, other than being grateful they are not in the shape of lions or griffins. But they are looking scruffy.
My colour palette choices are:
- the blue of the round gate (the colour of California bluebells)
- the blue of the farmstand roof (a lighter blue)
- the red of the buildings and the vegetable signs (Raspberry Truffle)
- a dark green (forest green? darker? lighter?)
- the existing color of mauve-ish, which could shade into burgundy or even brown
- maybe another colour that’s obvious, but I can’t think of, and am totally willing to discuss
I want the tableau of stand, pillar, and signs to look tasteful, but eye-catching. Keeping in mind that the red signs will be out there, and the farmstand will have white trim, I’m worried about garishness. It has to work in both summer and winter.
I’m really bad at this kind of thing. Decorating is SO not my forte’. So SUGGESTIONS WELCOME !!!!!
Leave your opinion below. I need all the help I can get!